DMR School of Ballet (“DMR”)-Contract of enrollment 2020-2021-PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1) Fees and Fee payment –
All payments must be made in advance - Dates of payment:
1) First month at registration (including deposit), thereafter by 15th of the month invoiced.
2) Payment method -
3) Refunds -
4) Non Attendance/Make-Ups -
5) Class Cancellations & Substitute Teachers -
6) Health and Wellness -
7) Conduct/Dress -
8) Private lessons -
9) Termination of contract -
10) Waiver -
Although every reasonable precaution will be taken, except in a case of willful neglect or negligence, neither DMR nor any teacher or staff member in the employ of or contracted by DMR will be in any way liable to compensate any student or parent for costs and/or damages incurred as a result of any loss, accident or injury suffered by any student at the dance studio or at any other performance or practice venue utilized by DMR during any class, practice session or performance or thereafter.
1. Fees Class fees are payable termly and due on the first class of the term. In the case where class dates fall on a public/statutory holiday, term fees will be worked on pro rata basis. Payment can be made by cash or cheque and is non-refundable. All cheques are made payable to DMR School of Ballet. Fees will not be waived if your child is unable to attend for any reason, including illness or vacation.
2. Health & Safety In order to maintain appropriate standards of Health & Safety, parents/guardians are responsible for; accurately disclosing any prior medical or physical conditions on this form, updating any conditions as they arise, and to notify the teacher prior to the commencement of class. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of the class for your child, please consult your doctor. By submitting this form you expressly acknowledge that engagement in dance under the care and supervision of Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet in the course of tuition or as a matter of free form dance in a social dance engagement is a physical activity of medium to high aerobic demand, and that engagement in dance may occasionally result in falls, sprains or twisted ligaments, respiratory or cardiovascular stress (in persons with respiratory or cardiovascular disabilities). The attendee (or parent/guardian) covenants with Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet that the attendee has sought all appropriate medical advise, prior to the acceptance to this invitation to ensure the student is in good physical condition, fully able to undertake the aerobic demands of dance (including without limitation, fast tempo modern dance) at the date hereof. AND FURTHER the attendee (or parent/guardian) accepts and assumes ALL RESPONSIBILITY for any loss, damage, injury or adverse consequence suffered by the student as a result of engaging in dance AND INDEMNIFIES Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet absolutely in respect of any claim by, or through, the student in the event of injury to, or demise of, the student as a consequence of engaging in dance - excluding any loss or damage suffered as the direct consequence of proven negligent breach of duty of care by Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet. The parent/guardian acknowledges that some physical contact may be necessary by the course instructor.
3. Liability Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet does not accept liability for personal injury or death of any participant unless directly caused by the proven negligence by the company or it servants.
4. Exclusions If a student is persistently disruptive, and/or the teacher assesses that their participation negatively affects others in the class, the teacher may choose to exclude the student to maintain a harmonious atmosphere. No refund will be made for a day missed or cost of transport.
5. Force Majeure In the interest of student safety, Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet reserves the right to cancel classes when it is deemed dangerous to travel due to inclement/adverse weather. In such cases, no refund due to adverse weather conditions, typhoon signals 3/8 and Red/Black rainstorms will be due. Baby Boogie and Tippy-toe toddlers will be cancelled for T3 and Red rain (or higher) Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet reserves the right to cancel classes due to instructor’s health condition. If a class is cancelled, parents will be notified as soon as possible, and fees for this session will be refunded.
6. Photography On occasion Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet will take photographs or videos of classes to be used for marketing and promotional purposes. Parents or guardians wishing to exclude their children from photographs or videos, must inform the teacher either at the time of registration, or by written letter. Acceptance of this form signifies your consent to use the material for the use as stated above.
7. Programme Changes In some circumstances, such as unsuitable or failure of equipment, building faults and other factors (including Force Majeure) which may arise from time to time, Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet may be required to amend the service and activity programme content, times, dates and venue. In such circumstances, no refund or compensation will occur, however, Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet will endeavour to offer a suitable make-up class where possible.
8. Marketing & Promotions From time to time Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet may send marketing and promotional material to your email. This will include information such as new classes, class updates and shows. Please check the below box if you do not wish to receive mailings from Sharpe Steps/DMR School of Ballet.